- Partnership expands reach of SPINS vitamin, mineral, and supplement coverage
- Vitamin World can now discover new, innovative items and adjust merchandising using omnichannel data layered with SPINS powerful Product Intelligence
- Vitamin and Supplements sales are up 8% versus prior year and 24% over the last two years in Brick and Mortar; with online growth at 24% versus prior year
CHICAGO, IL (March 2, 2022) – SPINS, a leading wellness-focused data company and advocate for the Natural Products Industry for more than two decades, today announced an exclusive data and insights partnership with Vitamin World, a national retailer of vitamins, supplements, and wellness solutions for people who want to get the most out of life. The partnership is multi-year and further strengthens SPINS omnichannel view into the Vitamin, Mineral, and Supplement (VMS) industry.
Today, the majority of American adults take vitamins and supplements, according to the CDC. As the Country enters its second year of the COVID pandemic, SPINS Omni-Intelligence data shows vitamins and supplements, with a focus on performance nutrition ingredient attributes, continue to experience tremendous growth.
Vitamin and Supplements sales grew 8% versus prior year and 24% over the last two years in Brick and Mortar; with online growth at 24% versus prior year. A sample of shelf trends include:
- Sleep Support – important in combatting stress, helping consumers feel more well-rested, and promoting an overall stronger immune system.
- Ashwagandha – an herbal functional ingredient that is traditionally used for immune health and stress support, reflecting the leading consumer priorities driving the category last year.
- Delivery Methods – gummies are seeing strong growth that might attract consumers averse to swallowing tablets.
“SPINS Omni-Intelligence delivers a complete market view of performance enabling retailers and brands to expand their businesses through innovation,” said Jay Lovelace, Chief Commercial Officer of SPINS. “Vitamin World choosing SPINS as their exclusive partner speaks volumes to the benefits our data and insights are providing to the Vitamin, Mineral, and Supplements and the health and wellness industry. SPINS is excited to assist Vitamin World reach their goal of helping America fulfill its nutrition needs.”
The new, exclusive multi-year partnership with SPINS will allow Vitamin World to:
- Discover new, innovative products in their infancy.
- Identify and adapt assortment online and in-store to meet changing and essential consumer preferences.
- Illuminate Category and Subcategory Growth Drivers using SPINS Omni-Intelligence to get a deeper understanding of the “why” behind sales trending.
- Bring an attribute-rich digital experience and transparency to their shoppers, which drives loyalty.
“We are partnering with SPINS to provide a data-based approach to the vitamin, supplement and sports nutrition consumer,” said Lin Tran, Vice President of Merchandising at Vitamin World. “We will be utilizing SPINS’ syndicated data and insights to show us who the consumer is, where they live, and the items they have selected in each region. This will allow us to better satisfy our consumers’ needs by creating a curated assortment that is relevant, on trend, differentiated, and affordable.”
About Vitamin World
Vitamin World was established in 1977 and is grounded in helping people make their tomorrow better than their today. Through our website www.vitaminworld.com and 59 retail stores in the US, Puerto Rico and Guam, we sell a full range of vitamins and wellness supplements including multivitamins, protein powders, gummies and health & beauty products as well as a line of Precision Engineered supplements designed for fitness enthusiasts. We believe vitamins are tools to help people live their best lives and that we are partners on peoples’ path to wellness. We celebrate the world our customers live in; what they value, what they want to protect, what they want to achieve, and we help our customers make their world – and their tomorrows – better.
SPINS LLC is a wellness-focused data company and advocate for the Natural Products Industry. Over the past two decades, the wide adoption of SPINS' Product Intelligence has led to a common language used across the industry as well as laid the foundation for the next generation of innovation, while providing dynamic data, actionable insights, and digital activation solutions that drive growth for our clients & partners and contribute to a healthier and more vibrant America. Learn more at www.spins.com.
Vice President, Communications, SPINS