Become part of the richest information and support network for the Natural and Specialty Products Industry.
Partner with SPINS and tap into a wealth of benefits - all at no cost to you.
- Optimize your shelf sets to boost sales and margins.
- Monitor national and regional sales trends and retail pricing.
- Benchmark your sales performance against other similar retailers.
- Evaluate your promotions.
- Support consumers' health concern questions through our extensive coding in vitamins and supplements.
Learn more below.
The SPINS Retail Partnership Program: How it works
Join the SPINS coalition of retailers to increase your sales, monitor trends, and build customer loyalty - all at no cost to you. Our partners gain easy access to their sales data through online reporting tools and insights into the market through channel reporting and our extensive product coding.
SPINS collects weekly POS scanner data from a nation-wide sample of over 900 retail locations. Our partners agree to share their data exclusively with SPINS and we include their data, confidentially as part of a sample, in the aggregated channel level service.
We transform raw POS data into actionable and insightful solutions through the application of our robust library, extensive calculated measures, and the delivery of our reporting through technology solutions designed to drive your business process and decisions.
There are varying levels of retailer data release and you can remain a confidential participant or chose additional options that meets your business objectives.
Exclusive SPINS Retail Partner Benefits
Adopt and utilize our product coding for significant efficiency gains: We segment over 800,000 UPCs into 92 categories, 469 subcategories and more than 45 attributes underlying consumers’ purchasing decisions. Attributes include brand positioning, primary ingredient, gluten-free, organic, Non-GMO, and Fair Trade, with many more coming!
Technology and Reporting
• Quick & easy access to your sales data and channel level data via SPINS’ online reporting tools.
• Over 50 reports tailored for your business questions of: Benchmarking, Opportunity Gaps, Assortment, Price Management, Promotional Evaluation, etc.
• Weekly and quad week data with three years of history provided for trend analysis.
• Category Management training and tools to start or enhance your current process.
• Optional inclusion in the SPINS’ Store locator tool to build awareness of your stores.
• New capabilities such as alerts, website plug-ins and mobile applications, with much more coming!
News, Insights and More
Receive relevant info and support for your business:
• Monthly and quarterly standard trends and market overview reports.
• Extensive reporting, analytical support and training.
• Invitations to seminars on maximizing the value of your data, consumer insights, and trends.
Have questions? We've compiled a brief list of the common questions retailers have as they start up with the SPINS Retail Partnership Program. If you need additional info, please submit the form below - we'd love to hear from you.
How much time does it take to participate?
We have worked with many POS vendors to automate the data feed but if not, our retail partners report taking about 5-10 minutes to extract and submit data each week.
What if I can't pull the data from my scanning system?
Just as SPINS’ retailer partners vary, so do their scanning systems. Our Retail Services team is confident that we can help you to submit your scanner data.
What is the extent of your coding and how can I use it?
SPINS manages all of our own coding inhouse with our robust team of natural and specialty product experts. We have developed and maintain the industry standard hierarchy and code for a myriad of industry relevant attributes. Your data and the market level data is provided in this syndicated view for easy
analysis and segmentation. Also, ask us about utilizing our coding and content to manage your own hierarchy internally.
How much does it cost to become a SPINS Retail Partner?
IT’S FREE. Our Retail Partner Program is funded by Natural and Specialty manufacturers and other industry clients that purchase the aggregated channel level data and Key
Account data to continue to meet the needs of retailers, increase their sales and have the most accurate picture of this dynamic market.
Interested in learning more about the SPINS Retail Partnership Program?
Fantastic. Provide us with a few contact details, and we'll be in touch soon. Alternatively, feel free to call us at 847.908.1210 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit an information request, and receive a free, 52-week category topline sales report!