Get to know your consumer.
Gain a competitive edge with SPINS Consumer Insights services. SPINS leverages the National Consumer Panel of over 100,000 households to reveal purchasing dynamics and attitudes that drive your natural and organic product sales, and to identify relevant targets for your promotions.
SPINSscan Consumer and Shopper Insights
SPINSscan Consumer and SPINSscan Shopper combine National Consumer Panel data with our proprietary product coding and UPCs unique to the Natural channel, making it the only source that provides insights into natural product consumers based on actual buying behavior across all channels.
Understand the natural consumer.
Consumer Buying Behavior
Identify underlying competitive strengths and weaknesses by comparing your brand’s consumer buying metrics driving volume to that of your competitors.
- Diagnose the consumer buying behavior behind brand and category volume changes.
- Determine how your consumer’s brand-loyalty differs from that of your competitors.
- Understand consumer perception of your promotions relative to that of other brands in the category.
Natural Consumer Segments
Develop brand strategies by understanding the natural product engagement of your brands’ consumer. SPINS segments U.S. households based on their total annual expenditure on natural and organic products. The households spending the most are identified as “core” natural consumers and are responsible for driving the majority of natural and organic consumer product sales. The non-core consumers are less engaged and more “transitional” in their purchasing of natural and organic products.
Channel Importance and Shifting
Analyze "all outlet" year-over-year data to understand the shifting importance of key channels and the Whole Foods account to your brand and/or category. Natural product manufacturers are exploring different distribution strategies as their products rapidly expand in the marketplace.
- Identify where there is channel opportunity for your brand and category.
- Learn where your competitors are focused or have made a shift in channel strategy.
Understand the demographics of category and brand consumers to support your marketing and shopper targeting efforts.
- Identify the high value consumers for your brand and category.
- Understand how your buyer profile compares to those of your competitors and whether there are opportunities to improve current targeting efforts or exploit competitive weakness.
Build your shopper story.
- Understand key shopping dynamics by account. Compare retailers based on standard shopping metrics like average basket value, trip frequency and total expenditure.
- Confirm the size of the account's shopper base as strategic input for prioritizing brand penetration building plans.
Natural Products Shopper Behavior
- Display category leadership and devise selling strategies built on an understanding of natural product shopping behavior in the account.
- Understand the value of a core natural products consumer to the account relative to non-core natural consumers.
- Leverage natural category penetration and buyer conversion metrics to identify the degree to which the needs of the natural category shopper in the account are being met.
- Determine opportunities for the account to retain the high value natural consumer and increase spending within the account.